Six months ago, I posted an update on my 101 things to do in the next 1001 days list.
Somehow, my priorities seem to have changed and although I have not accomplished many more things on my list, I have accomplished many things personal to me.
To update the list, I have..
- gone to Mexico
- shot 20 weddings in 2008
- gone to the cabin twice at Timonthy Lake – God, I love it there
- ridden Gazelle
- have a very thick duvet for my bed
I am currently working on a new list for 2009…and well, on it are good things, too. Sort of like my New Year’s Resolutions, but more than that, they are just things to accomplish in 2009. Top of the list, buy a horse that I can have fun on. One that I don’t have to worry about because it is so young and or untrained (yes, I have a habit of training my horses halfway and then just leaving them), and one that is 100% sound (I tend to lack sound horses, and the ones I breed like to injure themselves, so I want something else). I’m looking for a Quarter Horse mare, 5 or 6 years old, that loves to GO, has to be a super fast walker, and is at least 15.2hh. Either that, I want another Phoebe, another Morgan Arab mare. This probably will not happen until April or May, but I do need to get back to my roots, as my Dad would say, and have fun on a horse. And, I need a new photo subject wouldn’t you say?
Once I get the new horse it is going to be all about going riding every weekend until wedding season is in full swing. And when wedding season is in full swing, then I can ride during the week. Mom and I are going to go on a week long pack trip, we have some other locals going, if you want to come along, just tell me. I want to be able to ride again, to just get away from everything and have fun!
Another thing on my list is to go back to Spruce Meadows in Calgary. One of the weekends that I have reserved for myself (sorry, no weddings the second weekend in September) is the weekend of the Masters Tournament.
I am going to read more, and spend less time on my computer. Maybe get a social life? (Okay not sure if I will go that far! hehehehe)
I am going to photograph everyone in my immediate family…and photograph them well. I am going to decorate my apartment with canvas pictures that I have taken. It’s about time.
And, I am going to attempt to get my Advanced Open Water scuba diving certification if I can find enough places to dive.
That’s a start. I am going to give this new list some serious thought over the next couple of days and get it into a format that is easy to accomplish. I want 25-30 things that I know I can accomplish in 2009 and yet every time I cross one off my list, I will feel inner peace, strength, and happiness.
I will continue to work on the list below… but for the most part, on the items that are personal to me.
My 101 in 1001 List:
1. Get an iPhone – I have a blackberry
2. Ride Gazelle over a 3’6’’ jump – she is injured so this might not happen
3. Go to Africa – spring of 2010 possibly
4. Get control of my weight – why are 20 lbs so hard to loose?
5. Breed Legs to Phantast – continue this ongoing attempt…and hopefully have another Phantastic Luck, aka Tic / Phox, next spring!
6. Breed Legs to Portland L – on hold until I get a Phantast baby
7. Go to Mexico
8. Go to Europe – possibly this summer?
9. Go to the Dominican Republic
10. Create a Horse Day Planner – on my list of things to do…… photograph more horses
11. Create a Horse Calendar – as above
12. Sell Day Planner / Calendar at Spruce Meadows – as above
13. Book a Wedding for $5000 and sell products on top of that – soon
14. Get an office space to meet clients – probably won’t happen in the next few years
15. Have my pictures displayed in an art show – going to do this
16. Run in a 5K – definitely going to do this… fall of 2009, very latest spring of 2010
17. Blog every day for a month – maybe January?
18. Buy an Epson storage device – before I go on my next major trip
19. Buy a Nikon 17-55mm lens – very soon, hopefully in February before Hawaii
20. Buy a Nikon 70-200mm lens 21. Get a custom blog
22. Read Shogun – next time I go to the library
23. Take a cruise to Alaska – anyone up for Alaska this spring?
24. Read more Terry Brooks – brand new one in Chapters, gotta read more of these
25. Get $10,000 in savings in the bank – by the end of 2009
26. Go on a train trip – sometime…maybe through the Maritimes this fall?
27. Buy a D300 – probably it will be a D700
28. Pay my vet bill 29. Ride Gazelle
30. Pay off my American Express – soon very soon
31. Breed Gazelle – this June if I can afford it. Wouldnt a Hickstead baby be nice?
32. Read “Get the Sugar Out” by Anne Louise Gittleman 33. See “August Rush”
34. Go fishing at Owen Lake – this summer I’m learning to fly fish
35. Go flying with Michael – I went flying with Lynn Bonner, Michael you might have to wait
36. Go to the headwaters of Big Creek – Michael you can take me here, this is your country!
37. Go to Hunlin Falls – this year, have to photograph it
38. Go on a packtrip in the mountains – August… if not June.
39. Get a corgi – someday when I own a house
40. Hike the Junction Sheep Range at Farwell Bridge
41. Read Horse Heaven – in January
42. Cook a Turkey Dinner – for Easter as we are headed to the neighbors for Christmas dinner
43. Quit biting my nails – I almost accomplished this, but I do it when I’m bored…and why am I bored? I should not be bored, next time I am bored I need to turn to this list!
44. Get a pedicure
45. Buy and wear a little black dress to some function – totally doing that this summer
46. Practice yoga three times a week – something else I should defintnitely start in January… heck I should start tomorrow
47. Meditate every day for a month – yup, I will
48. Win a major Photo Competition
49. Shoot a wedding in Italy – July 4 with MW?
50. Get Engaged – yeah…
51. Shoot 20 weddings in 2008
52. Walk 10,000 steps a day for a month – Something else to do in January if it warms up even slightly – time for a new battery for my pedometer and no more excuses
53. Buy a Mac Pro computer – first an apple display, but eventually a computer
54. Develop two local vendor relationships that refer me exclusively – something else for January
55. Shoot one wedding a year for free – thinking about this… who’s it going to be in 2009?
56. Visit the Kentucky Horse Park
57. Photograph the horses at Spruce Meadows from inside the International Ring – I should just contact SM and get my name
on the list as a private photographer – it will work, right?
58. Have a photo article published in Pacific Horse 59. Buy a very thick duvet and get rid of the other blankets on my bed
60. Take an amazing photo of everyone in my family – starting now
61. Stay positive – starting this second – and I’m not taking anything personally…everyone is on their own roadtrip in this life and only I can create mine
62. Laugh every day for a year – hehehe no better time than the present it is amazing how a smile makes me feels so warm inside…..smiling….
63. Get my teeth fixed
64. Shoot a wedding where bride and groom get married on horseback – any takers?
65. Publish a book – on horse photography? Or about my trip into the mountains
66. Practice The Secret daily – its on my bedside table. Every morning I will open it and choose a paragraph to read and then remember it throughtout the day
67. Develop five affirmations and say them to myself every day for a month – I am going to do this for January 1
68. Only keep positive friends – so easy to do and yet so hard
69. See Garth Brooks in Concert – if he ever goes on tour again
70. See a movie in the theatre once a month – when I’m back in town
71. Learn to like fine wine – Yeah…maybe someday
72. Canoe around the Bowron Lakes – this September. I need some partners…who’s coming on this adventure? Ten days with no computer and no cell phone, camping with the bears and the wolves…eating fish we catch every night…I can convince my brother I’m sure, anyone else?
73. Develop a personal budget and stay within it – yup, I’ve started this one..for the next six months I can only buy things I need, not things I want
74. Be more active on the OSP and Craigs Forums – in 2009
75. Take an Investment in Excellence course – my mom gave me the course material, I should read it
76. Shoot cowboys and their horses in the mountains – mmmmmm this excites me a lot… possibly this fall…amidst a colorful backdrop
77. Complete a personal photography project – I need to come up with a good one of these
78. Get a website for my horse photos – I need more horse photos and then to launch it
79. Sell ten fine art horse prints – as above
80. Read five more Bryce Courtenay books – and to watch the movie with Peekay…and that’s what I will call my Phantast baby…Peekay
81. Complete my family Tree – this is ongoing… I need a program to put it all on my mac and to do it this spring while it’s too cold for anything else
82. Write a book on my family tree for all of my family members – as above
83. Eat vegetarian for one week – what’s stopping me?
84. Send out vendor thank yous to six vendors from 2008 weddings – ASAP
85. Go camping – when I do the packtrip and the Bowron Lakes…and well maybe I will just set up a tent in the backyard… that’s camping right?
86. Go to Timothy Lake twice in 2008
87. Join a walking club – I will make my own if I have to
88. Eat pizza in Italy – this July?
89. Print three large canvases of my horses – one for every horse and my cats, too
90. Develop a high end
logo and web presence – have to get this happening in January, so that I can get more clients from all over
91. Read a book on Photoshop – or hire someone to edit my photos
92. Take a Photoshop courses for photographers – as above
93. Attend WPPI – in 2010
94. Shoot in Australia with David Williams – in 2010
95. Watch a funny movie once a week for three months – this is doable – Adam Sandler is my favourite
96. Prepare a five course gourmet meal – who’s bringing desert?
97. Attend an Anne Monteith workshop – 2010 or 2011
98. Attend the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver – here’s hoping I still get a call to volunteer as we did not get any tickets in the draw
99. Write a book review on Amazon – doing this ASAP, I have read so many books this fall
100. Be excited about life – I am…
101. Start a new list on August 6, 2010…another eighteen months to go!
I´m pretty sure you accomplished blogging everyday for a month in June when we were in Kentucky. Geeze, it seems so long ago!
This list is a great idea Robyn and it´s awesome to see what you have accomplished (and plan to accomplish)… Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!